It is still pretty chilly at night, and I haven't scoped out tent sites yet. So Nathaniel and I commuted the half-hour back and forth from my family's cabin.
This trips goals were:
- Phenology: check out the progress of Spring and hopefully see the first wildflowers in bloom
- Shelter: put up a basic tarp shelter from this ridiculously rainy Spring
- Bridge: build the first bridge iteration - some logs thrown across the brook with a rope as a hand rail.
- Savor: spend a lot of time basking in the glory of the place.
Success on all counts!
Thank you to Nathaniel for the video 💚
- Ran around barefoot for the first time
- Didn't fall off the bridge in the brook
- Obtained a table for the shelter to go with the Adirondack chairs